Bat Removal is a Must for Your Home. So is attic cleanup!
Many people are afraid of bats because of their unsightly appearance and reputation as blood-suckers. While the fearsome reputation bats have is mostly undeserved, bat removal is still an important issue. This is because bats do pose serious hazards to our health, as well as threaten our houses. So attic cleanup is extremely important once the bats have been removed. Read on to find out more.
- In the US, humans are more likely to contract rabies from bats than any other animal. In recent years, bats were responsible for 17 of 19 natural cases of rabies.
- Bats produce large quantities of excrement and urine, which serves as a fertile breeding ground for fungi. Spores from certain kinds of these fungi can causes serious lung diseases when we inhale them.
The danger of rabies is especially acute, because rabies is fatal if not treated, and requires immediate medical treatment. In some cases, children tragically die of rabies weeks or months after being bitten by a bat inside the house. This is why it’s vital to contact a professional bat removal service if you have bats anywhere on your property.
According to the Center for Disease Control, "You can't tell if a bat has rabies just by looking at it; rabies can be confirmed only by having the animal tested in a laboratory. So be safe: never handle a bat." The good news is that Eastside Exterminators offers specialized, affordable wildlife control, including bat removal and attic cleanup, throughout the Greater Seattle Area. Call on our family to protect yours from with bat control at 425-482-2100.
Bats Will Damage Your Home
Leaving aside the very serious health risks, bats can cause a lot of property damage. Colonies of bats in particular are problematic because they will reproduce and spread if left unchecked. Examples of damage that bats can inflict on your home are:
- Ruined insulation due to the accumulation of guano and other debris.
- Structural damage caused by urine soaking through sheet rock or particle board.
- Spread of bad odors.
- Introduction of bat mites.
- High levels of noise during nighttime hours.
All these problems will get worse the longer you leave a bat infestation unattended. And each of these problems support the need for thorough attic cleanup. What’s more, a residential bat population in your house isn’t only liable to harm your property value, but your neighbors’. After all, people would generally rather not live in an area where they know there are noisy bats after dark. So it’s a problem you really need to deal with.
How Bat Removal and Cleanup Works
You can probably imagine how difficult it is to get a skittish, flying nocturnal out of a house. Never mind if there is more than one of them roosting in an attic or crawlspace.
Bat removal truly is a challenge, and needs to be left to professionals who know what works. Indeed, many things that are promoted as solutions aren’t useful at all.
For instance, sometimes retailers advertise mothballs, ammonia, ultrasonic sound emitters, and strobe lights for this purpose. The reality is that none of these things will drive bats away from your family and off your property. All you will be doing by trying them is wasting money and causing yourself trouble.
At Eastside Exterminators, our wildlife experts all specialize in one part of the bat removal process. We make use of a variety of exclusion repairs (finding and repairing holes or access points where the bats can enter the home). And we use a variety of effective attic cleanup techniques depending on the specific conditions at a given house. But the process generally involves:
- Assessing entry points around the roof, soffits, and eaves.
- Installing one-way systems that allow bats to exit the house but not return.
- Sealing entry points with chimney caps, screen vents and other barriers.
- Clearing, decontaminating, and deodorizing the areas used by bats.
If necessary, our technicians can also discuss replacement of damaged insulation, which is another service we offer.
Bat Removal Services You Can Count On
Eastside Exterminators has been helping Seattle area homeowners deal with all kinds of infestations since 1969. Call us today to schedule and learn more about our wildlife removal services at 425-482-2100.
Other Helpful Information About Pest Control Near Seattle
- Is a free rodent inspection comparable to the thorough Eastside rodent inspection?
- The worst pests in the Pacific Northwest and Seattle area are?
- Payment methods available at Eastside Exterminators
- What do Eastside Exterminators customers have to say?
- I have a question. who should I contact?
- Where can I learn more? Try the Eastside Exterminators Blog!